The Environmental Education Coalition of Napa County (EECNC) raises funds through its annual Earth Day event to provide support for buses to take students on environmental field trips.
We encourage you to check out the EECNC Participating Organizations' websites for field trip ideas that qualify for bus grants.
Environmental education is the study of the interconnectedness of humans with the natural world and how human beings can manage their behavior and live sustainably in order to protect the environment.
- Only one field trip per teacher per school year may be funded.
- Field trip must be school-sponsored and led by a Napa County teacher of students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Field trip must give students an appreciation for environmental protection, sustainability and stewardship. See the definition for environmental education below.
- Field trip must visit a site within Napa County.
- School district buses, contract buses or public transportation must be used for bus grant field trips; reserve early to ensure buses are available. If you do not use a school district bus, please let us know what type of bus service you will be using.
- Field trip must take place during current academic year (August through June)
- Submit applications early! Bus grants are limited and will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Contact your bus provider to reserve a bus for your field trip date. If your District provides buses, you must use a District bus. For NVUSD, contact Lisa Wright, at 253-3453 to determine the bus fee. This information must be included on your application. You should also reserve the bus at that time; you can cancel the reservation later if circumstances change.
- Confirm field trip appointment with field trip host (if applicable).
- Fill out & submit the Field Trip Bus Grant Application form to:
- Stephanie Turnipseed
- Fax: (707) 258-6048
- Phone: (707) 258-6002
- EECNC members will review the application and approve it if it meets our criteria.
- You will receive a signed copy of your approved application.
- When your bus funding is approved, you should inform NVUSD that the bill for the bus should be sent to:
- EECNC Field Trip Bus Fund
- c/o Napa Sanitation District
- 1515 Soscol Ferry Rd
- Napa, CA 94558
Download Application: Be sure to save the Application pdf to your computer. Fill out the form, then save the form again to keep your information. Remember to attach the completed form and email it to Stephanie Turnipseed.
NVUSD Field Trip Policies and Procedures